Attics                                                       Basements                                                 Closets

Many people often think because a record is old it carries great value.  Not many records have any real value to collectors. There are a number of rare 
and expensive records waiting to be discovered, however they only account for less than 5%. The other 95% of undiscovered vinyl records have no value
 above that of the musical content itself.  Simply stated the treasure is the music.  While all records carry some value, that value is based on several factors:  
Supply and Demand, The Artist/Label, and finally the Cover/Record Condition (which is very important). Lets take a look at these factors:

By the way, if you have old vinyl records, it is very possible you still have vintage stereo equipment.  We are interested in used vintage receivers, 
turntables, reel-to-reel players & speakers.  Examples of some of the brands are: McIntosh, Marantz, Pioneer, Thorens, Kenwood, Carver, Denon, 
Sony, Teac, Akai & Yamaha to name only a few. Be sure to mention your vintage stereo equipment when you call us.

Give us a call: 901-444-2786 (Ask for "Doc").

Hopefully the above information was helpful. If you are ready to sell us your 
records or vintage stereo equipment, click the button:  

TheVinylRecordFinder.com is a Veteran Owned & Operated Business!​

Copyright © 2021. The Vinyl Record Finder, All rights reserved


The ABC's of finding records.  (Attics, Basements and Closets) Our homes often tell the stories of our past and present. 
Family bibles, diaries, and other family history documents are just the start of what you can find at home. Vinyl records are part of our past as well 
and their stories are often found in the attics, basements and closets of our homes.

HomeThe A.B.C'sGrading Your RecordsSell Us Your RecordsContact Us

Supply and Demand 
This basically means the availability of the record.  If the record was mass produced with millions of copies on the street, the record will not be worth much.  However, if the record was pressed in short runs, it will most certainly have significant value. For example, a major artist from a particular period whose career was cut short and only made a few recordings.  
The Artist/Label
Currently, there is more interest in music itself, than any other format (spoken word, comedy, etc...).  The market today suggest a high demand for Jazz, Blues, Rock & Roll, Rhythm and Blues and Doo-Wop.  Some foreign labels are sought after and obscure labels are highly sought. For example: Ahmad Jamal pressed one LP on the Parrot Label.  In addition to that, this LP was the only 33 1/3 long playing record released by Parrot.
Cover/Record Condition 
 Records with damaged covers or covers with seam splits will reduce the overall value of the record.  Records that have scratches, scuffs and surface noise will have little or no value. The better the condition of the cover and vinyl, the higher the possible value.
HomeThe A.B.C'sGrading Your RecordsSell Us Your RecordsContact Us

Add this page to your favorites.